I look forward to working hard over the next four years with the community as Fremantle goes through this important and exciting time of growth and change. I would like to express my deepest thanks to everyone who put their faith in me.
I would particularly like to express my heartfelt thanks to those who supported my campaign in so many ways, including Trish Cowcher, Andrea Callaghan, Phil Martin, Orla Larkin, Eloise Dortch, Scott Ludlam, Amy Lomas, Roel Loopers, June Hutchison, Ruth Belben and Cathy Hall. And to all the others who door knocked, donated and advised, introduced and encouraged me – I am very grateful.
I would also like to acknowledge the other candidates Ivan and Michael, who ran fair and dynamic campaigns and were remarkably high calibre candidates. I hope that they will stay involved as they have a great deal to offer and I hope to be able to work with each of them to progress some of our common aims for Fremantle.
On Wednesday I’ll be sworn in and I am ready to hit the ground running. I look forward to following up many issues raised during the campaign in the coming months, including:
- the recognition and celebration of the local Aboriginal community and culture
- working with the artists and residents at Arthurs Head on developing the existing artists’ hub further
- working with community service providers and state agencies on homelessness in Fremantle
- pursuing more diverse quality affordable housing in Fremantle
- making the cappuccino strip more pedestrian-friendly
- working with local businesses on revitalising the retail sector
- work with City of Fremantle to address the parking concerns
(just my little ‘to do list’ really).
Thanks again for putting your faith in me Fremantle – I look forward to serving you well.