I have been honoured to serve as your City Ward Councillor since 2011.
With a professional background in Marketing and Public Relations and a passion for sustainable cities, I take a hands-on and collaborative approach to the revitalisation of Fremantle.
I currently sit on the Councils’ Planning Services Committee and also the South West Metropolitan Joint Development Assessment Panel.
My extensive professional experience in the government, arts and community sectors provides a solid foundation for delivering results for the people of Fremantle. This is complemented by postgraduate studies in urban planning, community engagement and sustainable cities and eight years working as an advisor to Senator Scott Ludlam – focusing on his sustainable cities portfolio work including transport, housing, waste and communications issues.
Some of the things I have achieved on Council include:
- Initiated the “Freo Alternative” – a ground breaking scheme amendment to facilitate more affordable, sustainable and diverse housing solutions
- Instigated a Reconciliation Action Plan for Fremantle
- Updated the Green Plan to increase parks, trees and green spaces in Fremantle
- Helped set up the Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre at Arthurs Head and initiated a feasibility study into a more substantial cultural centre in the future
- Banned the use of water bottles in addition to single use plastics, at all City run events and initiated a ban on releasing balloons around Fremantle
- Safety improvements on Hampton Road – safer pedestrian crossings at Stevens St, pedestrian signals installed at High st and Wray ave
- Delivered numerous place making, shared streets, bike and pedestrian improvements, including creation of the Market Street Piazza and upgrades to the High St Mall
- Collaborated with community members and business to deliver the Freo Sustainable Home Expo
- Successfully lobbied to have South Beach declared a designated swimming zone.
I have lived in Fremantle for most of my life and love it dearly. I went to Fremantle Primary School and John Curtin Senior High School, and worked at Ginos, Luna on SX and the Fremantle Herald in my youth.
I have volunteered as an Ambassador for the Fremantle Visitors Centre and ran the Fremantle Network community group for over a decade. I work collaboratively and constructively with stakeholders, community members and Council colleagues and staff to deliver outcomes for the community.
Please get in touch should you have any questions, concerns or issues of interest.